Rating Engine Overview
The VisiShip Rating Engine is the heart of the Visiship TMS. It offers a robust rate management and carrier routing capability. Based on your business rules, the VisiShip rating engine automatically determines the optimal carrier, considering criteria such as cost, transit time, product, equipment, performance and service quality. It also allows easy access to centralized rate storage, maintenance and quotes.
- Optimal carrier determination based on customer business rules
- Carrier and mode options presented with costs, transit time and other details
- Modes: LTL, TL, Bulk, Rail, ISO, Intermodal, Ocean, Local, Parcel
- Complex rate structures and contracts based on equipment and service type
- Rate management tools and one-click contract reports
- Automated shipment rating with carrier cost and transit options for every shipment
- Rate quotes via the internet available to authorized users
- Accurate fuel surcharge calculations using the VisiShip library of fuel index levels
- Support for benchmark rates comparisons and automatic sales quotations
Results that Deliver!
VisiShip delivers results for clients through an unmatched combination of capabilities, technology and ease-of-use applied to the complete shipment lifecycle. We do this by providing an integrated set of tools for planning, execution, visibility, communication, measurement and analysis. Here's how...
Lower Freight Costs: Hard dollar benefits in routing guide compliance, load planning, freight payment and overall process efficiency. Carrier/rate optimization of existing contracts alone typically reduces freight costs by 5-10%.
Decision Support: Better planning and logistics decisions driven by optimization recommendations, key performance metrics and instant carrier scorecards. Create more time for managing and planning, less time wasted on manual tasks.
Customer Service: Enhanced customer service through real-time tracking, advanced shipping notices, automated event notification and dynamic exception management. Manage exceptions through automated detection and immediate highlighting for your attention. Robust tendering engine improves ability to get loads covered efficiently.
Advanced Communications: Immediate access to electronic communications [EDI and internet] with our growing carrier base. Over 100 carriers are connected to VisiShip. Notify key parties as operational events occur [configurable to send automatic messages to transportation managers, warehouses and customers].
High Return on Investment: VisiShip implementations are quick and projects typically pay for themselves within the first three months. Easy to use, intuitive system adapts to fit your business process.
Logistics Control: Improved shipment visibility, automation and measurement for the complete order lifecycle. Every order, every time. Control costs with up-to-date, accurate freight accruals and fuel surcharge calculations. Comprehensive reporting package for carrier scorecards, operations status and financial performance.